News About Our Next Anthology
Presenting an opportunity to be featured in our collection of horror and mystery stories…
This project is open to residents or former residents of the Mid-Atlantic region. The deadline is May 31, 2021.
Check back periodically for updates on this project.
Call for Submissions: Short Horror and Mystery
- Status: Open
- Format: Collection of short stories by multiple authors
- Author must be from, living in, or have spent a significant amount of time in the Mid-Atlantic region (DE, NJ, NY, PA, VA, MD, DC & WV).
- Submission must be 1,500–5,000 words, but up to 10,000 words is fine.
- Story should be horror, mystery, or both. Author may adhere to traditions of genres, or the author may stretch the boundaries of horror and mystery.
- Author must own rights to story in order to grant non-exclusive rights of publication.
- A $150 stipend will be awarded for 8 stories. (Author must be resident of MD to qualify for this advance.)
- How to Submit Your Story:
- Online submissions only at this time. Send a PDF to email@example.com.
- The submission period will end on May 31, 2021.
- Author will receive notification via email by July 7, 2021.
Do You Have What It Takes?If you are reading this post, we would love to hear from you. Our focus, including royalties and non-exclusive rights of publication, is on the needs of contributors. Along with those who impress readers with their usage and vocabulary, ie., writers who are brave enough to share their stories, we’re working with professional designers, editors, and retailers from this region. All of this is being done in order to serve the needs of studying styles of writing and styles of horror and mystery storytelling from the region. While we’re tickled by the stories we’ve received, there’s more time to share. ~ Our early-birds will fly away when we begin the month of May. ~ Aghast, we’ll still pluck pages from the dirt. ~ Birds, with flightful voices, do amuse and confound us. ~ Anthology full of chills & thrills coming soon to a bookshelf near you.
How Is This Project Funded?
New and veteran authors are encouraged to submit their work for consideration. This project is supported in part by the Maryland State Arts Council (msac.org).
Who Decides Which Stories Get Published?
All submissions are reviewed by a committee without the authors’ names attached for the sake of anonymity. Thank you for your interest, and good luck with the submission process.