News About Our Next Anthology
Presenting an opportunity to be featured in our collection of horror and mystery stories…
This project is open to residents or former residents of the Mid-Atlantic region. The deadline is May 31, 2021. (Update:
Something spooky happened to our email account. If your email bounced back, we’re currently trying to solve this mystery.
Horror and mystery anthology: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org before the final hour has passed June 3rd. Your story shall be considered with the clever tales we’ve received.)
Check back periodically for updates on this project.
Call for Submissions: Short Horror and Mystery
- Status: Open
- Format: Collection of short stories by multiple authors
- Author must be from, living in, or have spent a significant amount of time in the Mid-Atlantic region (DE, NJ, NY, PA, VA, MD, DC & WV).
- Submission must be 1,500–5,000 words, but up to 10,000 words is fine.
- Story should be horror, mystery, or both. Author may adhere to traditions of genres, or the author may stretch the boundaries of horror and mystery.
- Author must own rights to story in order to grant non-exclusive rights of publication.
- A $150 stipend will be awarded for 8 stories. (Author must be resident of MD to qualify for this advance.)
- How to Submit Your Story:
- Online submissions only at this time. Send a PDF to email@example.com.
- The submission period will end on May 31, 2021.
- Author will receive notification via email by July 7, 2021.
Do You Have What It Takes?
How Is This Project Funded?
New and veteran authors are encouraged to submit their work for consideration. This project is supported in part by the Maryland State Arts Council (msac.org).
Who Decides Which Stories Get Published?
All submissions are reviewed by a committee without the authors’ names attached for the sake of anonymity. Thank you for your interest, and good luck with the submission process.